We are currently looking for a Technology Resilience Consultant with who can think strategically and enjoys working at pace and identifying new and improved ways of doing things.
We’re looking for a problem solver, strategic thinker to join a Technology Resilience team within a large financial services organisation. The team has responsibility for driving the strategic resilience agenda for all technology teams. This role will include maturing the resilience strategy as technology is modernised and cloud use is expanded, driving greater transparency and proactive planning through leveraging new technologies, automation, and data insights.
The role will work collaboratively across technology teams to deliver resilience improvements and identify opportunities to enhance resilience culture, mindset and operating model. You’ll act as a trusted advisor to stakeholders at all levels across the organisation and have significant visibility with the senior leadership team.
- Leading the delivery of the technology resilience strategy
- Accountable for leading proactive resilience assessments of critical technology services, identifying gaps, ensuring remediation plans are in place and reporting against progress of remediation
- Horizon scanning for future resiliency challenges, including the implications of operational resilience regulatory requirements for technology.
- Partnering with Architecture and Design functions to ensure that the technology resilience approach aligns with strategic ambitions and the broader transformation roadmap.
- Building and maintaining strong and influential relationships with technology, business, and risk teams to embed a resilience culture and mindset.
- Developing and embedding metrics to monitor progress and the benefit realisation of strategic outcomes.
- Ensuring that technology resilience decisions are made within a sound risk framework and in alignment with standards and risk appetite.
- Regularly delivering executive updates through key governance mechanisms up to board level.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of using strategic thinking to build frameworks to tackle complex problems
- Proficiency in articulating and confidently communicating ideas to a senior audience to gain understanding and commitment
- Analytically minded, comfortable with data and insight to support decision making
- Curious self-starter, with a strong desire to learn from other colleagues and external stimuli
- Good understanding of operational resilience, specifically how this relates to technology
- Drive and energy as well as confidence in your ability and judgement.
- Problem solving, being quick to understand what needs doing and find the right way to get it done
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to prioritise what matters.