We are looking for several Security Design Engineers / Assurers on a contract basis to assist an ongoing programme in Cyber Security. Please note these roles fall inside IR35.
You’ll shape, influence, and assure security designs, to help change be delivered both securely and at pace.
- Working in an agile way to undertake security design assessments
- Evaluate security models and designs to identify and understand the risks arising from any weaknesses or non-compliances against the bank’s security standards.
- Guide designers on how to interpret and apply Security standards and produce detailed guidance where it can be useful to colleagues in future.
- Describe issues identified clearly and suggest resolutions to colleagues and senior management.
- Apply Security domain expertise when performing risk assessments to ensure risks are correctly identified and mitigated.
- Maintain awareness of key security threats along with technologies in use, including legacy and cloud technologies.
- Stay on top of industry trends / initiatives and articulate that to the wider Cyber Security team and community
- Experienced Cyber Security background across a range of disciplines (e.g., Networks, Data Security, Application Security and Identity & Access Management)
- You should have a solid grasp of technical security risks & controls and management of these, supported by experience or possibly accreditation e.g. CCSP / CISSP / CISM
- Ability to succinctly present issues and potential resolution to senior colleagues, discussing these risks and controls with colleagues of varying degrees of knowledge.
- Ability to use internal and external security benchmarks to assess the security posture of an existing or proposed platform.
- Awareness of Cyber Security trends, threats, and industry methodology
- A track record of delivery, with strong organising skills.