i-confidential offers a range of information security consulting services. We provide cost effective services to help our clients to clearly understand their information risks and develop their information and cyber security strategies. We deliver practical, understandable solutions to protect information. Our client base is expanding, and our clients are asking for an increasingly diverse range of services.
We are looking for a Network Engineer to cover the day-to-day BAU tasks to support all back-end IT systems. This role will provide hands-on 3rd line operational support for the network infrastructure as well as providing implementation support for any new systems or technologies which the client may adopt.
This role will be working with one of i-confidential's clients for approximately 12 months. Please note this role falls inside IR35.
Summary of Requirements
- Responsible for responding too, troubleshooting & resolving with Network issues raised via Ticket system.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient running of the BAU network globally.
- Top level support and ownership of WAN and LAN technologies and to collaborate and assist in all top level support.
- Key player in ensuring the network meets required security standards and controls.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to identify root cause analysis on any support issues.
- Experience collaborating with different teams based in different locations.
- Good writing skills and experience of producing support documentation and technical implementation plans.
- Experience working in secure and restrictive enterprise environments.
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Skills and experience required
- Strong troubleshooting skills of complex network, system, and/or security problems.
- Be able to demonstrate in-depth network experience especially in the design and implementation of multi-site LANS and WANs
- Comprehensive experience of Cisco switching, Cisco Nexus 3k & 9k.
- Solid understanding of routing protocols including BGP\EIGRP\OSPF
- In-depth knowledge of wireless technologies with experience of global Aruba deployments
- CCNP or CCIE or equivalent knowledge.
- In-depth experience with a leading Firewall technology Palo alto\Fortinet.
- Strong understanding of network security to implement Layer7 technologies
- In-depth knowledge of Riverbed/Steelhead WAN accelerators
- Experience of MPLS network and VPN networks
- Previous experience of implementing QoS and troubleshooting QoS issues in a Cisco environment
- Ability to liaise with 3rd parties for troubleshooting and fault resolution
- In-depth knowledge of Solarwinds NPM & NTA, Cisco Prime,
- F5 LTM, GTM, APM and BIG-IP client.