Who we are
Founded in 2008, i-confidential is an employee-owned niche cyber security consulting company. We combine industry best practice with common sense. We deliver practical, understandable security solutions. i-confidential is respected in our industry and our FTSE500 clients tell us they like our pragmatic and collaborative approach. We are continuing to grow and need experienced consultants to help us. As a small company we offer a dynamic, friendly, informal working environment. We can offer great variety - our consultants get to work with multiple clients on multiple challenges.
As the company is owned by its employees you will have a chance to have a say in its day to day running and direction. At our heart we have a flexible working environment that truly encourages a good work life balance and will support and accommodate the demands that we all have outside work. We are happy to consider any flexible working pattern or part time arrangement.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone who will thrive in a working environment:
- which isn’t constrained by bureaucracy – decision making is quick and effective. You can have the satisfaction of seeing your ideas become reality.
- there is little hierarchy and a ‘one team’ approach to meeting our business goals means your ideas are encouraged, valued and listened to.
- where there is a huge variety in the work you can get involved in.
- where you have a large amount of autonomy and you will be empowered to make decisions to deliver quality for our clients.
- where you will feel like you are trusted by clients and delivering value.
- which is fast paced, and you will manage multiple concurrent deliverables.
You will already have similar experience as a consultant or in a client facing role. If you have the skills and experience, we are looking for please apply today.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Conducting assurance reviews against standards-based compliance requirements.
- Implementation and maintenance of security policies and processes. Managing the delivery of security assurance services for projects.
- Working with our clients and providing direction to develop appropriate strategic security solutions, shaping the content of security programmes and assignments. You may be involved in pre- sales meetings to understand customer security and compliance requirements, helping to shape proposals and delivering packaged offerings.
- Developing and delivering our security services and products across a wide range of clients.
- Identifying opportunities for cost-effective improvements in information systems or services.
- Operating within the specified frameworks of established industry regulators and ensuring that all work meets the best practice guidelines and quality standards.
- Writing documents and reports
What we are looking for:
- At least 10 years’ experience in a similar security consulting role
- Relevant qualifications or studying towards e.g. CISSP, CISM, CISA, ITIL.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of information security principles, accreditations, and best practice (e.g ISO27001, NIST, ISF)
- Experience of conducting assurance/ compliance reviews or audits.
- Experience in a series of core technologies such as cloud (Azure/ AWS/ GCP), access control, encryption, multi-factor authentication, intrusion detection and vulnerability management.
- Experience of security tools and their application.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) at all levels from end users to board level and the ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience within financial services would be beneficial.