Who we are
i-confidential is a Cyber Security and Information Risk Consultancy, founded in 2008. We combine industry best practice with common sense. We deliver practical, understandable solutions to protect information. With a pragmatic and comprehensive approach to cyber and information security we help our clients to drive their risk agenda. We are at the heart of the UK’s most extensive and advanced cyber security programmes, constantly improving our capability as we work with an impressive list of clients.
We are continuing to grow and are looking for a Cyber Security Consultant with the experience and ambition to help i-confidential through its next phase of growth.
Who we are looking for
Working as a Cyber Security Consultant, you will advise and guide our clients through our security services and consultancy engagements whilst gaining valuable experience in security technology solutions. You will establish and maintain strong business relationships with our clients to assist with cyber security and risk threats affecting their business, applying deep knowledge of information security and business activities to identify information risks to senior management and executive level.
You may already be an established Cyber Security Consultant or Manager or someone who is looking to take that next step up. Working as a Consultant you must be a self-starter with the drive and motivation to deliver a great result for our clients. We are looking for someone who is willing to play an active role in the cybersecurity industry through representing i-confidential at industry events. A part of your role will be to bring knowledge and learning back into the organisation to help us grow and develop. If you have the skills and experience we are looking for, please apply today.
What we can offer you
This is a fantastic opportunity to join at a time of planned growth and investment in the company, in a rapidly advancing sector. i-confidential is an employee-owned company. This means that you will be directly contributing to the future direction and prosperity of the company.
We are a growing company, but we have retained the benefits of a friendly, approachable team-working environment where everyone knows each other, and you can always count on the support of your colleagues.
We can offer career progression through a variety of projects and clients in different sectors, adding to your skillset and experience. In addition, training courses, certifications and qualifications are available, as part of your journey with i-confidential. We can offer the opportunity to attend leading industry events and forum on our behalf.
i-confidential is fully committed to the wellbeing and work/life balance of our employees, so we are happy to accommodate a working pattern that supports childcare or carer responsibilities.
We also offer the following benefits:
- Flexible working – Working from home, flexible working pattern and condensed/reduced hours are available
- Annual Company Profit Share and Bonus
- Company Pension – Employer contribution 6% of salary
- Company Healthcare
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Electric Car leasing scheme
- Employee Training Allowance
- Generous Holiday Allowance
Key responsibilities will include:
Working with our clients and providing direction to develop appropriate strategic security solutions, shaping the content of security programmes and assignments. You may be involved in pre- sales meetings to understand customer security requirements, helping to shape proposals and delivering packaged offerings.
- Developing and delivering our security services and consultancy across a wide range of clients.
- Identifying opportunities for service improvements or sales.
- Operating within the specified frameworks of established industry regulators and ensuring that all work meets the best practice guidelines and quality standards.
- Representing i-confidential at industry events.
- Research industry trends and developments.
- Writing documents and reports.
We’re ideally looking for:
- Experience in a similar security role.
- Relevant qualifications or studying towards e.g. CISSP, CISM, CISA, ITIL.
- Knowledge of a wide range of enterprise, risk management and security management systems.
- Experience of security control frameworks.
- Experience in series of core technologies such as cloud (Azure/ AWS/ GCP), and all security domains such as Access, Secure configuration, Information Security Management, etc.
- Experience of security tools and their application.
- The ability to pick up skills at speed and understand the impact of new developments within the industry.
- Understanding of how organisations deploy and manage technologies.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and the confidence to deliver difficult messages.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) at all levels from end users to board level and the ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical stakeholders.