We are looking for 2 Data Privacy Managers to join us on a contract or permanent basis. This is to support large Cyber Programmes within financial services. Contract roles will be offered on a 6 or 12 month basis inside IR35
- Ensure key processes such as Privacy & Records Impact Assessments (PRIAs), data privacy complaints, breach management and reporting operate effectively.
- Provide expert support and insight into divisional PRIA requirements, assisting colleagues and programmes with robust guidance as to their responsibilities and the impacts of non-compliance.
- Maintain supporting data systems, such as Collibra entries, so they are fully compliant.
- Assist the Data Privacy Accountable Person (DPAP) in developing data privacy capability within CSO.
- Assist the DPAP in reporting on data privacy risks, managing data privacy material events and data privacy breaches.
- Representing CSO at governance forums and meetings, and deputise for the Data Privacy Accountable Person (DPAP) at governance committees when required.
- Lead / contribute SME input into CSO Data Privacy and Records Management governance forums and committees.
- Assess whether CSO is complying with data policy, produce management information, and co-ordinate activity to close any gaps.
- Complete the necessary actions that underpin the Data Privacy Notices the Group issue.
- Working with the Data Governance Manager, and ensure data policy and key processes are implemented and operate effectively within CSO Division.
- Collaborate and engage with the Group’s Data Privacy Managers and Record Management champions to ensure that policy and Regulatory requirements are met and determine additional requirements to improve capability.
- Expert knowledge of UK privacy laws and practices, including relevant legislation such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation (PECR).
- BCS Data Protection Foundation qualification, or a similarly recognised qualification.
- Excellent stakeholder management with ability to influence stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner.
- Leadership skills
- Critical thinking – Ability to read across breaches, ICO Complaints and regulatory trends
- Able to identify, challenge and implement improvement opportunities within the team.