i-confidential has an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join an existing team with one of our financial services clients.
The team manages the risk profile, supports control testing and supports Sarbanes Oxley (SOx) compliance. The role will involve identifying business needs, analysing requirements, supporting testing, and implementing agreed solutions in a timely and controlled manner.
Candidates will have Agile delivery experience. You'll play a pivotal role in influencing Product Owners to ensure user stories are robust and rational prioritisation of the backlog is in place to drive efficient sprint cadence. This requires skills performing the ‘what' and 'why’ but also establishing the ‘how’ for ways of working, people behaviours and embedding the agile agenda.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven track record of delivering complicated IT projects.
- Risk, cyber security, privileged access management, or SOx experience
- Deep understanding of Scrum methodology.
- Ability to analyse data and provide insightful information, mentorship, and advice to influence prioritisation decisions.
- Provide technical guidance and advice for remediation of internal control gaps.
- Understanding of business analysis practice, modelling business processes and business architecture methodologies particularly analytical thinking and problem-solving
- Understands business problems quickly and supports Agile delivery of solutions.
- Facilitates requirement discussions with key stakeholders to ensure decisions are made and understood by all parties.
- Validates requirements and proposes solutions with partners to gain approval.
- Facilitate managing the backlog, working collaboratively with the Product Owners and the delivery teams to ensure consistent understanding of the proposed solution and assist with elaboration, sprint planning activities etc.
- Supports Feature Team with testing preparation, automation and acceptance testing to ensure the solution meets the identified business need and compliance with policies and all SOx, regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Produce management information on progress of remediation activities.
The team is working in a hybrid model and are currently on site two days a week – key sites are Edinburgh, Leeds, and Manchester. Agile or flexible working requests will be considered.